You might like to watch the skies on January 31st to see the “Blue Moon” but sadly, not the Total Eclipse!
The first eclipse of 2018 will be a rare total lunar eclipse that will take place in January. This rare eclipse will happen for the first time in over 150 years. The duration of the total phase is 77 minutes, with the moon tracking through the southern part of the Earth’s shadow. After this year, the next time that a Blue Moon passes through Earth’s umbra will be on December 31, 2028, and, after that, on January 31, 2037. Both of these eclipses will be total. There was a partial eclipse of a Blue Moon on December 31, 2009, but the last total eclipse of a Blue Moon is dated March 31, 1866. However, in Eastern Canada or Atlantic Canada, you’re out of luck entirely. The moon will set before the eclipse. Moonrise will be at 5:51 PM, and Moonset will be at 8:31 AM the following morning (In our area, the Eclipse will only start at 7:52 AM so we are going to miss it! 🙁 )
What We Do:
The West Nipissing ATV Club VTT Nipissing Ouest was established to promote the sport of safe and responsible ATV riding as well as to promote the development of dedicated and shared trails and the identification of other trails suitable for ATV riding within West Nipissing and adjoining areas.
Where We Are:
West Nipissing is situated between North Bay and Sudbury in Ontario, and lies north and west of Lake Nipissing. It is comprised of many regions including the towns of Cache Bay, Crystal Falls, Field, Lavigne, Monetville, River Valley, Verner and Sturgeon Falls.
- To advocate for safe and responsible ATV riding.
- To facilitate the development and identification of trails suitable for safe ATV riding.
- To facilitate the marketing and promotion of dedicated and shared trails suitable for safe ATV riding.
- To identify the funding sources and generate revenues for the attainment of its goals.
- To foster awareness, education, protection and enhancement of wildlife and natural resources.
- To work with other groups and supporters of trails for their promotion, development and management.
- All Members are ambassadors for the Club and will behave in a respectful and responsible manner towards other members and the public, in promoting the sport of ATVing.
West Nipissing ATV Club Trails and Tracks